Join the May Sewing class where you will learn the basics of sewing. We will go over various sewing machine parts, sewing terms, as well as practice various different stitches. This class is perfect for beginners or anyone that needs a refresher.
Please read entire listing for all the details. If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing as payment is non refundable.
- All ages are welcome in the class.
- Anyone under 18 will need a parent or legal guardian present at the beginning of class to sign the accident waiver.
- Anyone under 16 will need a parent or legal guardian present during the entire class.
- A ticket needs to be purchased for each person that will be sewing. If a parent & child both will be sewing then 2 tickets will need to be purchased. If only the child will be sewing, & the parent is just present for supervision, then 1 ticket will need to be purchased.
Skills used in this project
- Knowledge of sewing machine parts
- Sewing terms
- Various different stitches
- Basics of how to use a sewing machine
What is included in the sewing class?
- Each class you will complete a beginner to intermediate sewing project or practice basic sewing skills.
- List of sewing machine parts, sewing terms, & definitions.
- Fabric, thread, & any other sewing notions needed to complete the project. Any pieces left over can be taken home for you to practice & continue growing in your sewing journey.
- Basic tools will be available for use such as scissors, rulers, marking pens, irons, etc. These items must be left at the end of class for the next group to use.
What must I bring to the sewing class?
- Your own sewing machine. There will be a few available for use if you do not have your own. However these are on a first come, first serve basis & must be reserved by picking this option below & pre paying.
- Needles that fit your sewing machine. For this project a universal needle will work.
- Bobbins that fit your sewing machine. Please bring at least 2 as we will be sewing with 2 different colors of thread
- Presser foot that fits your sewing machine. For this project a universal/straight stitch foot will work.
- I will have a few extra needles, bobbins, & presser feet. However please keep in mind, that due to the wide variety of sewing machines, they may not work for your specific machine.
- A general working knowledge of your machine. I will be there to assist as much as I can but may not be able to answer all questions as there is such a wide variety of sewing machines.
How much does the class cost, how do I pay, etc.
- The class is $20 per person
- Pre payment is preferred but not required.
- There will only be a limited number of spots available so pre paying secures your spot in the class.
- Pre paying also gives you the option to reserve one of the sewing machines I will have available, in case you do not have your own.
- You can pay at the time of the class also but only if there are any open spots left.
- Payment is non refundable. However if you pay for a class & are unable to make it, the fee can be used towards a future class.
When and where will the class take place?
- May's class will take place on 5/2/23 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Class will be located inside Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville, OK.
- Class will be at the east end of the mall across from Diva Nails.
Disclaimer: I am not a certified sewing instructor, nor have I attended any sort of sewing or fashion school. I am completely self taught & just want to share my passion for sewing & creating with you all. I have learned many tips & tricks & different sewing techniques over the years that I hope you will find useful. My wish is just that you will try something new & enjoy the creative process. I am here to encourage your sewing journey whether it's your first time sewing or you've been sewing for years. ❤~ Tasha